Senior Front End Engineer
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Front End Engineer to help us explore, architect and build advanced Web based User Interfaces for managing large amounts of tabular and geospatial data and to build tools to deploy machine learning models to solve real world problems and make communities more resilient.
You will have a passion for technologies that run in a web browser and a desire to push the boundaries of functionality that can be achieved in the medium. You will be interested in designing data architectures and pushing feedback to the rest of the engineering team for how to structure APIs to communicate most effectively with the front-end needs.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
What You'll Do
- Design Data Architecture - the scale of data that we have to surface to customers is enormous and cannot all be in the browser at once. However, we still want to have a snappy and up to date experience for our users. This involves careful thought and planning around how data is passed between the API and the Client and what types and amounts of data are cached in the client and how it is kept in sync.
- Implement UI Components - we are based on Material UI for our core set of components and tools, but we have many higher level components that are coupled to the data architecture that need to be reusable throughout our applications.
- Build Applications - you will be working on Urbint's core data analysis platform application as well as point-solutions to specific use cases for integrating Artificial Intelligence into the daily operations of large enterprises.
- 5+ years of experience building web applications (with a focus on single-page applications)
- Experience with React, Redux and Material UI
- Front end testing experience (e.g. Selenium, Browserstack)
- Solid understanding of security best practices as applicable to web interfaces including XSS and CORS
- Integration experience with REST APIs. Experience with the JSON-API standard or GraphQL a plus
- Knowledge of analytics and common enterprise front end integrations such as Google Analytics and Sentry
- Ability to plan and execute an application building project from start to finish as well as maintaining it once deployed
- Understanding of rendering maps and geospatial shapes within applications
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package with 100% benefit coverage.
- Prime NoHo Location - Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM and 6 subway lines.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.