Director, Market Development and Policy
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data nerds who obsess over problem solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
In this role, you will be responsible for accelerating Urbint’s sales by building the company’s brand within the ecosystem of utility stakeholders (e.g. regulators, advocates, trade groups), leveraging policy, regulatory, and industry knowledge, and shaping the company’s strategy based on an understanding of the regulatory dynamics of the market. The role will include an estimated 15 - 25% travel and frequent attendance at conferences and events across the country. You will report directly to the CEO.
What you’ll do
Be a thought leader evangelizing our company while building relationships to help us grow and achieve our goals.
- Be the Expert
- Leverage policy and regulatory expertise to inform the company’s go to market strategy and support sales efforts.
- Advise on product roadmap based on an understanding of regulatory/political dynamics
- Translate sophisticated technological solutions into simple applications understood by regulators and other stakeholders
- Build Relationships
- Create trust with clients as a regulatory partner and problem solver
- Develop relationships with other thought leaders and industry experts across utilities, regulatory bodies and trade groups
- Build Urbint’s brand as an industry expert - speak at conferences, participate in panels, join regulatory committees, draft and disseminate whitepapers
- Transform the Market
- Work with partners to advance changes to best practices, policy, and regulation to make our communities more resilient
- 6+ years of relevant experience (industry + startup)
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters in Public Policy and/or Business Administration preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with the utility industry and/or other regulated markets
- Record of successfully advocating with external stakeholders and building relationships
- Has been trusted by senior management to deliver results on high profile projects
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Comfortable defending positions, persuading team members, and presenting externally
- Strong business judgment and an ability to prioritize what matters most
- Comfort with ambiguous problems, undefined solutions, and a fast pace
- Commitment to solving important problems affecting our communities
We’re a team of urban mavens, data nerds and serial entrepreneurs.
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package with 100% benefit coverage.
- Prime NoHo Location - Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM and 6 subway lines.