As our Controller, you'll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You'll do everything from ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and implementing new processes for company growth to liaising with auditors and other external parties.
We'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance. We’re counting on you to manage the day to day accounting operations, ensuring vendors are paid on time, expenses are in-line with company objectives, and compliance with all regulations. The Controller will have an active and independent voice that will be critical in all financial considerations of the business.
This opportunity is meant for an ambitious professional seeking to grow his/her career with the ability to advance within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Day to day oversight of accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, T&E reimbursement, payroll, and customer / vendor contract management
- Manage outsourced accounting team (responsible for bookkeeping and bill processing)
- Manage monthly close processes, including GL review, journal entries, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and balance sheet accounts
- Provide proactive analyses to identify issues and understand fluctuations in balances and provide meaningful analyses to stakeholders
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Review, improve, and implement new processes and systems with a focus on simplification, scale, standardization, optimization, and adequate internal controls
- Prepare all financial audit materials and liaise with external audit firm as necessary
- Partner with Head of Finance on ad hoc analyses for monthly financial reporting, board meetings and the budgeting and forecasting process
- At least 6 years of related experience, including Big 4 accounting / auditing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Licensed CPA, strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Experience managing, reporting on, and analyzing the monthly close
- Experience implementing financial and operational controls
- Experience working on a small team at a high growth technology company (preferably B2B, enterprise software)
- Meticulous, trustworthy, honest, humble, self-starter
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Proficient with Google and Microsoft tools (PivotTables, Vlookups, etc.)
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Health Perks - Gym reimbursement
- Strong Culture - collaborative teamwork, humility, and hustle.
- Catered lunch on Thursdays, plus a kitchen filled with snacks and drinks.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.